From the very first time you trade online you become a global business. With a presence on the internet a wealth of business opportunities are created. Anyone with internet access anywhere in the world can access your website. Despite the opportunities created through online activities, your business may face potential issues in managing and protecting your brand online.
This workshop discusses the management of your business online to best protect your brand including:
- Securing your data through the installation of security software and development of a backup strategy for your critical data
- Responsibilities for network security (password, backups, AV updates)
- Strategies for developing clear policies for staff using your computer or network
- Development of a ‘culture of security’
- Protecting your IP and the IP of others
- Use of spam filters to reduce the amount of spam that comes to your business
- Techniques to keeping informed about the latest cyber security risks (subscriptions to magazines and the Stay Smart site).
Who Should Attend?
All business owners that have an online presence should be aware of the risks of being online. This workshop is ideal for business owners that want to learn more about how to ensure the ongoing security of their data and IP to maintain business operations.
What Will You Learn?
- The risks of being online
- Tips for keeping your data and IP secure
- Strategies for staying safe online
- How to develop a secure culture
Trends in cyber safety
To register for a free training session please choose from the regions below.