People can power up your marketing
When social media first became popular, businesses saw the constant interactions by staff as a huge distraction. As social media has evolved, businesses have started to take interest in the commercial opportunities that this channel offers. Today, large organisations have entire teams dedicated to managing online communities and the application of social media strategies, but where does that leave us regarding every other employee within the business?
Here are some tips to turn your workforce into an online marketing force: •Create a social media strategy and communicate it to your staff. If your people are clear on the goals you are trying to achieve, they are more likely to align their activity with achieving these goals.
- Set social media guidelines. Provide a framework so that your people can feel confident that they are engaging in the right way.
- Provide training. Make sure that every member of your workforce has the necessary skills to engage effectively.
- Share. When you post new content, request your people to share that content with their networks on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or wherever your target market can be found.
- Embrace the use of tools. There are a plethora of tools out there like Hootsuite that can help you to manage your online engagement.
- Measure, refine, repeat. Improve your methods by evaluating performance and reinforce your people’s social engagement with stories of success.
- Social media is a constantly evolving business communication tool and we should evolve alongside it. As long our customers and our employees are using it to communicate, we should be seeking out the opportunities to engage in Social Media. Why not try implementing some of the above tips, and don’t forget: measure, refine, repeat.
If you are an SME and are looking to find out more about Social Media best practise, you should consider the Digital Enterprise Program.
As part of the Digital Enterprise Program SME’s can take advantage of a FREE four hour Business Coaching session at you place of business with our expert consultants.